Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Do I lose my 'gay card' if I don't like Ellen?

I just don't enjoy watching talk shows. It doesn't mean I don't 'like' them, only that I don't care for the genre. I'll admit that I have watched the Ellen show for a couple of minutes at a time just because, well, she's Ellen! But it still doesn't make me like her show.

I get most of what little I know about politics from the Rachel Maddow show. I don't like it because she's gay. Yes, I think she's a total hottie! But I like it because of the way she presents the story. I never cared for the show with the two gay men and the skinny redhead across the hall. It was just too superficial. Of course, maybe it's me that's being superficial; perhaps I'd have liked it if the cute redhead character had been gay

I think we all are going to be drawn to things that we can relate to. I won't watch Fox news because of all the hatred. But I won't watch some MSNBC news shows because the host and participants simply yell over one another. Still, I'll tend towards MSNBC and the Rachel show because they represent who I am better than Fox and its hate rhetoric.

That said; I'm a transsexual lesbian but I don't relate to other transsexuals. I relate to women and to lesbians. That I'm a transsexual doesn't mean that I'll just automatically want to be like Ru Paul or want to watch her show 'drag race'. I was raised in a 'trailer trash' environment, but most of those shows on (I think) the History channel celebrating rednecks and trailer trash are of no interest to me.

You are who you are. You aren't going to like something just because there is some common thread.

Some women feel that they must 'submit themselves' to a man, becoming someone that doesn't feel true to themselves. You were meant to be you! The very best you that you can be! Read my blogs on your 'women's roles in the church' and you will see my opinion of those who would take the words of the misogynists and homophobes and use them literally as hate rhetoric. Jesus' first missionary (arguably an ad hoc disciple) was a Samaritan adulteress, and he never once said one word in the negative to her. He showed compassion to a Jewish adulteress who was caught in the very act, protecting her from an unruly crowd of men (teachers of the law and Pharisees were all men at the time).

His dying act was to make sure that His mother was taken care of. Women were the last at the cross, the first at the tomb, and the first to see Him after resurrection. Women were among His followers and helped to support Him 'out of their own means'. When at the house of Martha and Mary he rebuked Martha when she asked Him to tell Mary, ...'who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said...' to get up and perform her 'women's duties'; “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Jesus never once showed anything but respect and kindness to women. He never told a woman to do anything but listen to His word. He defended women. He allowed women to follow Him, even allowing them to support Him and His retinue out of their own pockets; He who wouldn't take anything from the Pharisees, Sadducees, or other political leaders. This can all be seen without even going into the Apocrypha! Meanwhile, throughout the Gospels you can find stern rebukes from Him towards his male followers, and many cases where they abandon Him or deny Him.

Women are special. His words tell us that. His message confirms that. You be as loud and assertive as you like! Ignore the opinions of anyone of any gender who wants to belittle you or 'put you in your place'! Read the words in red! Feel the love!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am posting my story solely for the purpose of helping others clarify their own. I will appreciate your supportive, kind, or constructive comments.